If you own a wedding planning business and feel like your current advertising campaign is not generating the business you need to survive, then it may be time for to switch it up by using visual content marketing. An estimated 60 to 65 percent of the population consists of visual thinkers, yet they are bombarded with text-based advertising campaigns that don't create a lasting impression in their minds. Some of today's most successful companies are taking advantage of visual content marketing to appeal to this huge population of visual thinkers, and you should, too. Here are two ideas to get you started using visual marketing content for your wedding planning business.
Why Visual Content Marketing Works
Aside from the fact that so many people are visual thinkers, there are other theories about why visual content marketing campaigns succeed where text-based advertisements don't. Visual content marketing helps you communicate with visual thinkers by sending information to the right side of their brains instead of the left. The right side of the brain processes images, while the left processes text-based information and language. The right side also processes emotions, which may be why visual marketing leaves such a lasting impression on people where text-based marketing fails.
Visual marketing is also just a whole lot of fun. It is fun for your target audience and can be fun to create.
2 Ideas for Your First Visual Content Marketing Campaign for Your Wedding Planning Business
Visual content marketing is a perfect fit with the wedding planning industry. Images and interactive tools appeal to the right brain that is already filled with emotion when planning a wedding. Here are a couple of ideas on how to tickle the minds of visual thinkers who are planning weddings and make sure they take notice of your business.
1. Create a fun, interactive, design-your-own wedding dress web page. You can create a page on your website where women who visit your site choose from a selection of virtual "bodies," upload photos of their own faces onto them, and then choose from a variety of virtual wedding dress bodices, skirts, veils, and shoes to create the dress of their dreams. Many women looking forward to their weddings love looking at the wedding dresses of their dreams in bridal magazines and online, but your page will be even more fun by allowing them to not only look at dresses but also put together their own creations.
Women will visit your website over and over to play with the program, share their final creations on social media with friends, and then have friends who visit the page for fun. While not every woman who visits your page to play with the "design a dress" feature will become a client, the shares on social media and word of mouth about the fun program will lead to many new clients.
2. Create social media accounts or use your existing ones to host shareable visual content. If designing an interactive web page feels out of reach right now with your tight budget or feels just a bit intimidating, then take a cue from today's smart businesses that simply post visual content on their social media accounts that the public just cannot wait to share with friends.
To start, simply make a social media page for your wedding planning business on as many free social websites as you can. Then, instead of posting the usual blurbs about your current deals or discounts for new clients, make the pages fun places to go for anyone planning a wedding, whether they live down the street from your business or across the world. You can even post content just loosely related to the wedding industry if you think it is fun and will lead to many shares.
Post ideas include
- A fun infographic for shoe lovers. You may have seen infographics breaking down the cost of a wedding into a handy pie chart. Instead of making a typical, accurate chart, create one for shoe lovers by displaying the pie slice for wedding shoes as half of the pie instead of just a small fraction. Or you can choose a completely different infographic design to stand out from the other basic pie charts out there. You may be surprised how many times something simple, yet fun, gets shared with the large community of shoe lovers out there who want to pass on a good laugh to their friends.
- Memes. Look into the latest memes before posting, since posting an old meme that is no longer popular can make your business look out of touch with the latest trends. Then, simply download the meme and add your own humorous words before you upload it to your social media accounts. Stick to non-offensive memes, like animals or holiday themes, and be sure to avoid any polarizing ones, such as political figures, that could offend potential customers. People love sharing memes and this leads to easy exposure for your company.
- One of these 100 ideas. There are so many types of posts you can create that are fun and unique that Forbes magazine has created a list of ideas for business owners like you. Whenever you need inspiration, glance at it and you may be surprised how much fun you have working on each idea to make it your own.
Make it a goal to post one new piece of visual content to your social media accounts each day. Some may take off quickly and others may not, but by posting daily, you have 365 chances each year to initiate new interest in your business just by creating fun, shareable posts.
If you want to make your wedding planning business stand out from all the rest, then take advantage of visual advertising and the many visual thinkers who will enjoy, share, and remember them. While not every person who shares or enjoys your content will become a customer, your name will get out there and be the first on people's lips when asked if they know any wedding planners who can get the job done. Contact a company like X Plane for more visual marketing tips.